Sunday, January 10, 2010

Being included


Someone once said "children hear and see like beings from another planet" and that came to mind when I shot this photo of my toddler grandson trying to break into the circle of a group of children dancing in a ring. I had said "aren't they having fun dancing?" and he immediately wanted to join in but the children stubbornly refused to open their hands and let him break into the group, even refusing to make eye contact with him.

I hope he never feels this sense of not belonging when real people are involved. I hope he will find that one warm hand reaching out and welcoming him. I pray it will be there for him as it so often has been for me. I have been blessed with so many great people in my lifetime. It seems at every turn there was encouragement and appreciation just when I needed it most.


1 comment:

Susan Adcox said...

What a cool quotation! We bond better with our grandchildren when we remember that they are seeing so many things for the first time.