Monday, May 17, 2010

Why I love Facebook

I know some people who think social networking is just a big time suck! I could not agree less.

One of my daughter's good friends had her baby shower yesterday and I was unable to attend, but thanks to Facebook and her friend's quick work, I was able to read about it and see pictures of her and her twin, who is also pregnant and due about the same time. I could see by the smiles what a great time they must have had.

As a bonus they posted a great picture of my little grandson at his charming best. Because she thought to "tag" the photo with my name, I was made aware of the photo. I wish Facebook had a "send to" instead of just "tag" as that technique was not obvious to me until recently.

I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook or Twitter, but it is a great way to stay connected.

1 comment:

Susan Adcox said...

Your grandson is precious! Yes, FB can be a time suck. But I love it for keeping up with friends, ex-students and family members.