Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween is creepy good fun

As promised, I took pictures as we made Snakes to Eat for our Hallowe'en feast.

(See my earlier blog post)

It really wasn't complicated and everyone was hungry so we each had a whole snake to make, decorate and devour. Much better than letting them eat you!

my hubby's rainbow snake-very poisonous
Some of the spectators got a little creeped out, but before you know it, everyone had their hands in the dough and food coloring, laughing and having fun.
a Vanity snake?
While the snakes were in the oven, we made spiders too. We substituted chocolate donut holes for the bodies to save time and it worked out great. But I had a terrible time finding licorice wheels to use for the spider legs. It was so much fun, no one remember to take any pictures and all the spiders were eaten before I knew what was happening. That's what happens with growing kids around. They will eat anything that doesn't take a bite of them first!
Everyone seemed to enjoy eating this delicacy along with a big platter of fruit and a cup of witches brew (apple cider) to wash it all down. Then it was dessert time!
What could be better than dirt pudding with big juicy (gummy) worms poking through. (Chocolate pudding with crushed Oreo cookies on top)

Next it was time to get on the costumes and go "Trick n' Treating."
I had a long wait before the little ghosts and goblins began to appear and before you know it, I melted into a pile of bones and it was more like the Mexican holiday celebrated on this day: Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).

The kids were out collecting candy so long, I jumped on my bike to check on them and had a nice ride around the block looking for them. A big spooky looking doctor jumped out at me with bloody scalpel in hand and I had to pull up my granny panties and challenge him saying "my broomstick may be broken, but my magick powers are still with me, so look out!" I think that scared him off, at least he ran away!

There was a lot of candy left, I have plenty to stuff Christmas stockings. And I am the only one who knows where it's hidden. Mwah-ha-ha!

1 comment:

RbMommy said...

Sounds like great fun. I'm glad you had a good time.