Monday, February 27, 2012

The only thing you can be sure of is change

The first time I heard that saying, it was like a slap in the face because the last thing I wanted was change. Everything was fine just like it was! I wouldn't have it any other way.

Slowly, over the years, I have discovered that change, even if painful at first, is always for the best if we know how to adjust to it.

When my website was hacked a few weeks ago, I was devastated. But friends to the rescue and it has arisen like a Phoenix from the ashes and taken on a nicer appearance and richer content.

Today, I am suffering from TV withdrawal since we canceled our cable TV service and hooked up an internet streaming device to our TV. The Roku is very cool, lots of movies to watch, some games to play and even Facebook access. But, where is my early morning local news?

Suddenly, I remembered,,, the RADIO! Like a blast from the past, the music is now in my life again. Where has it been? Waiting for me patiently inside the FM button!

As I enjoy the tunes and news this morning, I reminisce about the cost of living today and remember that my first apartment rented for about half what we were paying monthly for Cable TV and Internet service. Crazy! That change I could have done without, but the pay raises... not so much.

No comments: