You start the list when they are about one, unless they learn to talk earlier. You start making a note of things you do not want to hear your kid say.
1. NO - You need a real sense of humor and a big dose of love to keep cool when you start hearing that one over and over again.
2. I'm not eating THAT! The first time this happens is usually at the dinner table in your mother-in-law's house. It just gets worse as time goes on.
3. MOM, the baby's eating... (dog food, dirt, bugs, worms, your shoes)
4. Mr. Arnold wants to know if your insurance covers broken windows.
5. MOM, Junior's running down the street naked again.
6. I am not wearing THAT! If you are lucky the gift giver is in another state at the moment.
7. Mom, remember how you told me never to drink something another kid gives me at a party?
8. Why can't I have a... (cookie, toy, pony, shirt, cell-phone, laptop, car)
... and the last thing you don't want to hear your kid say is: "they gave me a Senior discount at the store."
Where does the time go?