Danna Crawford knows that. And equipped with the knowledge gained becoming an eBay Education Specialist, and many years of experience, she keeps her students attention by involving them and making sure she is addressing their unique concerns.
My husband and I are fortunate enough to live a short drive from Danna's Ocala classroom, so we attended her intensive one-day "Basics of Selling on eBay" class a few weeks ago. The amount of information she managed to pass on to her students that day amazed me. I really didn't think it could be done in such a short period of time. After all, there is a lot to cover. But in her usual zen-like way, she zoomed in on the really important topics and gave just enough detail to get a beginner successfully selling on eBay immediately.
Most people don't have the luxury of zipping down to Ocala, Florida for a class however and Danna has thought of that too. She started an on-line learning center called Virtual On-Line Learning . eBay selling is only one of the topics you can choose from if you become a member of this group. Recent topics have included:
- Twitter (and one on using Hootsuite for Twitter)
- Tweaking your blog
- Google Alerts
- Selling (various types of items) on eBay
- Marketing your online business
- How to burn a CD/DVD
- How to use photo editing software (including Irfanview, Piknik, Photoscape, Picasa)
- How to make money or help a charity with My Likes
- Setting up eBay Store pages
- Social Blogging
- Setting up a domain
- International Selling
- Running an on-line radio show
- Marketing your business with Linked-In
- Setting up and joining affiliate programs
- How to run a lean and "green" business
- eBay Trading Assistant business
- Group Marketing
- Blog marketing with EntreCard
- Auction Promotion Strategies
- Understanding and using WordPress (and one on BlogSpot)
- Social Bookmarking
- Auction Templates for eBay sales
- Working with Spreadsheets for eBay and PayPal
- Tour of TeraPeak
- Using Stumble Upon for marketing
- eMail Marketing
- Wholesale Items and Drop Shipping
- Facebook Fan Pages
These topics are covered in on-line meetings with you sitting in the comfort of your own home watching the magic on your computer screen while listening to Danna or another experienced user explain and teach. Questions and discussion are often a part of the class. Many of these classes are free and some are at a modest charge (usually $15 or less).
Danna has also made many of the topics available on CD for purchase if you missed the meet-up and/or the "missed class" link she supplies next day. This link allows you to view the presentation on your own time but is available only a day or two.
There's also a monthly Skype Meet-up hosted by organizer James Kirk Pace. This is more of a social meet-up. Everyone introduces themselves and why they joined Virtual On-Line Learning. Then, James sets up a group chat and all members are brought into online skype chat room. We talk live through our mics and or typing on the chat board. For those with no mics you are welcome to listen in and type on the chat board.
There is truly something of value for everyone in becoming a member. I can't urge you strongly enough to join us at: