Monday, April 25, 2011

How to put a video in your eBay listing



One of the best ways to convince a prospective buyer to go ahead and take the leap is a demonstration of the product that proves it is what you say it is.

Still photography can only do so much, even if you take a picture of the item from every angle. Showing your item actually working, or flattering, or being functional is a sure fire way to convert to a sale.

This is much easier than you might suspect. For this sale, I enlisted my grandson to set up the train tracks and put the train together. He didn't seem to mind since he was itching to play with the train. As he sat in the middle of the tracks, remote control in hand, I set my camera to video, braced my elbow on my knee for a steady focus and gave him the signal to begin. Remember to move the camera slowly if at all and don't go crazy with the zoom feature.

As you see, this is a very basic video. If you are handy with video editing software, you could edit out any rough spots, add music, and read a script explaining the features of the item and any short-comings. Next time, I will plan better. This time, I sent it up raw.

Once the video is done, upload it to your Photobucket album. Next, copy the "embed video" link go to your eBay listing, get into the description box, click the HTML tab and paste the embed code into the description field .

That's all there is to it. Try it, you will be surprised how easy it is, and how much it helps sell your items.

No comments: